Our vision for Maths at Mossley is for all children to be able to access the curriculum at the relevant stage, through an engaging, enjoyable approach to learning. By developing pupils’ ability to calculate fluently, reason with mathematical concepts and solve problems, we aim to provide our students with an understanding of the essential everyday skills needed for financial literacy, the concepts used in science, technology and engineering, and skills needed in most forms of employment.
The aims for teaching mathematics at Mossley CE Primary School are:
- To understand the importance of maths in an everyday context.
- To become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics so that knowledge can be applied rapidly and accurately.
- To be able to reason logically when posed with mathematical challenges.
- To provide children with the ability to select and use a range of mathematical tools effectively.
- To promote and provide opportunities for children to develop the core learning skills of confidence, determination, curiosity, aspiration, teamwork, independence, communication and focus.
- To develop a practical understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented.
- To explore features of shape and space, and develop measuring skills in a range of contexts.
- To develop sustainable learning for pupils for the future.
If you would like further information about the curriculum Mossley School follows please feel free to speak with your child's class teacher or call the school office on 01260 272451